ACCENT FRANÇAIS - MONTPELLIER
ACCENT FRANÇAIS is happy to welcome you and guide you all the way through your learning process. For an optimum group experience, please comply with the following conditions. These conditions are applicable in all the school’s premises on 2 Jules Ferry Street, 7 Verdun Street, 2 Verdun Street and 12 Boussairolles Street in Montpellier.
To book your programme, you must send us your duly completed registration form at least 4 weeks before arrival (at least 8 weeks before if you need a visa):
from our website : www.accentfrancais.com
by postal mail sent to Accent Français, 2 rue de Verdun - 34000 Montpellier – France
on site at school reception
In order to validate your booking, you must pay a deposit of 310€. On receipt of your registration and deposit, you will receive within 24 hours a confirmation by email as well as the invoice for the balance.
The final payment must be made at the latest one month before arrival. On receipt of the full invoice, we will send you details of your programme, accommodation and, if required, a letter of invitation for a visa application.
Accent Français reserves the right to cancel your registration if no payment has been received 1 month before the start of the course.
We will also ask you to take our online placement test 4 to 6 weeks in advance in order to confirm your course programme and to organise it in the best conditions.
The payment can be made by :
Credit card (Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard) from 300€
Bank transfer in Euros to our bank account with the following details :
Chèque in Euros to Accent Français 2 rue de Verdun 34000 Montpellier France
In cash at school reception 2 rue de Verdun 34000 Montpellier France
The payment must be done in Euros whatever the chosen payment method. All bank charges are at the customer’s expense.
If you need to apply for a visa to enter France:
• The student undertakes to start the visa application process early enough (about 3-4 months in advance) to ensure that he/she will obtain it in time (30 days before the start of the programme).
• The student declares that he/she has informed him/herself of the conditions of entry into France and the time required to obtain a visa before starting any registration and payment procedure. Accent Français cannot be held responsible for the conditions and possible changes concerning the entry formalities in France. We will send you your registration certificate / invitation letter and your registration confirmation with the address of your accommodation when your registration file is complete: registration form duly filled in, full payment of the programme (a partial payment does not allow us to issue your invitation letter). The document will be sent by email to the client.
Upon receipt of the visa:
• The student agrees to inform Accent Français as soon as the visa has been granted by the French authorities. Upon obtaining the visa, the student must inform us at least 15 days in advance so that we can organise his/her arrival.
In case of delay in the visa procedure:
• The student can keep the initial start date or change the date once without charge and no later than 15 days before the initial start of the programme. Any further requests for changes will be charged at €50.
• If the request for postponement is made less than 15 days before the start of the course, a postponement fee of 50€ will be charged for the first request. Less than 7 days before the start of the course, the first week will be lost.
• If the postponement is followed by a cancellation due to visa refusal, our cancellation conditions and fees will apply (75% cancellation fee). Once the course start date has passed, it is no longer possible to change or postpone it.
In case of visa refusal:
• The course will be cancelled upon receipt of the visa refusal letter. To obtain a refund, you must inform us of the refusal at least 15 days before your arrival.
• If the cancellation request is made at least 15 days before the course start date and no postponement has been previously arranged, a penalty of 80€ will be retained in addition to the non-refundable registration fee (80€).
• If the cancellation request is made less than 15 days before the course start date or following a previous postponement, our cancellation conditions and fees will apply (75% cancellation fee).
In accordance with European directive 97/7 for any distance contract, you can use your right to retract within 10 days from the day you have booked. The student waives his or her right of withdrawal if the application is made less than 10 days before the start of the course.
Cancellations must be sent to us in writing by postal mail or e-mail. The cancellation will be effective at the date of reception of the letter/e-mail.
• Registration fees are non-refundable (80€),
• Cancellation until 30 days before the course starts : 30% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation 16-29 days before the course starts : 50% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation 3-15 days before the course starts : 75% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation Friday before the course start : 100% of total fees retained.
Once the course has started, if you wish to change your course formula, course dates, holidays, accommodation type, please make a formal request at school reception and be aware that we will apply change fees (50€) if your request is approved.
Any course started is due in full. No refund will be made after arrival and course start.
Accent Français is a school that welcomes students from 16 years old year round. In our adults programmes (16+), Accent Français does not provide specific supervision of minor students. We accept children from 16 years old in our juniors programmes which include specific supervision of students.
A liability release form must be returned to us before the beginning of the course. Students whose parents have not completed, signed and returned this form, will not be permitted to start the programme.
Accent Français has subscribed an insurance policy to protect people on its premises and during educational outings.
Health : Students are responsible for any expenses incurred in case of illness or accident. We strongly advise non-European students to make sure their health insurance will cover their expenses and medical costs. You must check with your insurance company the conditions for quarantine and disease management with your insurance before travelling. A pandemic may force the health authorities to isolate a student which results in additional accommodation costs, which are not the responsibility of Accent Français. Accent Français reserves the right to refuse access to courses to any student suffering from physical or mental pathologies that have not been reported during their registration, or informing us after arrival of a pathology that could endanger students and staff of the institute.
We also advise you to subscribe to a " personal liability" insurance policy to protect you in case of damage caused to a third party during your stay. Accent Français cannot be held liable for any theft, damage or loss of personal belongings of students during their stay.
The school is closed on French bank holidays, no class are held on those days. An excursion or activity is offered to replace the group courses.
The school will be closed from 17/12/2021 to 03/01/2022 and from 16/12/2022 to 02/01/2023.
At Accent Français, you will be placed in a group corresponding to your French level through our written and oral tests. The online placement test must be taken between 4 and 6 weeks prior to arrival. This test includes oral understanding, written understanding and written expression. Your level of speaking will be assessed during the first session of your course. It is not possible to start a course on Wednesday.
Accent Français guarantees courses for all levels from A1 to C1, all year round, with a minimum number of students per class:
• For Standard and Intensive courses: 4 participants per class
• For DELF/DALF preparation courses: 2 participants per class
Below this minimum number of participants, the courses will be considered as as semi-private lessons. Accent Français will then reduce the number of lessons by 50% of the initial course volume.
The maximum number of students per class is :
• For our adult courses: 12 participants per class
• For our Junior courses: 15 participants per class
• For our DELF/DALF preparation courses: 5 participants per class
In the event that a complete beginner does not arrive on the correct date or if a student has reached the C2 level, Accent Français reserves the right to cancel the course and refund the client.
A lesson lasts 45 minutes and your course schedule is displayed at the school reception and on our application EDMODO on Monday morning before the course starts. Students are invited to take note of their course schedule and to inform us if they are absent. Any missed lesson is lost and cannot be postponed or refunded. At the end of the course, students receive a certificate stating the level they have reached.
The courses are given in French for a better efficiency. For pedagogical reasons, you may need your smartphone or your personal computer.
You are requested to arrive on time for the course so as not to disrupt the course. Attendance sheets will be filled in by your teachers after the start of the course. If you are too late or too frequent, you may be refused access to the course.
The institute is equipped with emergency exits marked with lighted signs. In case of fire, please follow instructions displayed on the information board under the extinguishers, and instructions given by Accent Français staff. A student who sustains injury or the witness of an accident within the school must declare the accident or incident to Accent Français.
Smoking is forbidden inside the school and on Accent Français balconies. In order to keep buildings as clean as possible, it is forbidden to throw away cigarette butts or rubbish outside of bins.
It is forbidden to leave any vehicle or bike in the building (hall, corridor, etc.). It is strictly forbidden to leave unattended personal effects on Accent Français premises, except express approval. Your personal belongings are under your sole responsibility in classrooms during breaks. Accent Français declines any responsibility in case of theft.
If Accent Français is forced to close due to a force majeure, such as a new wave of Corona Virus, we will ensure pedagogical continuity and the courses will be given online without any possible postponement or refund.
Accent Français reserves the right to expel a student with no refund in situations such as possession or consumption of illicit products, abusive alcohol consumption, drunkenness during courses, vandalism, repeated disturbances during courses, repeated violation of the schools’ rules, harassment or threats towards other students or staff.
When a member of Accent Français staff considers taking a sanction resulting in the removal of a student during the courses, a disciplinary procedure is put in place. This procedure provides for a meeting with the management of the school to examine the envisioned sanction and student’s explanation.
If you choose to stay with a host family, you should be aware that even though the families respect the sanitary protocol, promiscuity is obvious. The minimum distance of 1 meter can be difficult to respect when living with a family and sharing meals, kitchen, living room and bathroom. Accent Français and the host families are not responsible in case of contamination.
For accommodation in hotels or apartments in private residences, each accommodation sets up its own protocol. Accent Français cannot be held responsible in case of contamination.
IMAGES BROADCAST AND DATA PROTECTION
During your stay, we may take pictures, videos during courses, activities etc. and use them to promote Accent Français (website, social networks, etc.). Acceptance of our general conditions at registration implies acceptance of the use of these pictures and videos, with no limit in time.
All necessary data given during your registration are collected and processed to provide you with the best possible service. This data is for internal use only. The French law on data protection gives you the right to access and change your contact details. If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us at the following email address : email@example.com
You can make suggestions or file a complaint concerning the organization or the progression of your stay by filling in a comments form available upon demand at the reception. It is important that you provide us with detailed information in order for us to solve your problem as soon as possible.
In case of dispute, the Court of Montpellier will be the only court qualified in the matter.