ACCENT FRANÇAIS - MONTPELLIER
ACCENT FRANÇAIS is happy to welcome you and guide you all the way through your learning process. For an optimum group experience, please comply with the following conditions. These conditions are applicable in all the school’s premises.
To book your programme, you must send us your duly completed registration form at least 4 weeks before arrival (at least 3 months before if you need a visa):
from our website : www.accentfrancais.com
by postal mail sent to Accent Français, 2 rue de Verdun - 34000 Montpellier – France
on site at school reception
In order to validate your booking, you must pay a deposit of 340€. On receipt of your registration and deposit, you will receive within 24 hours a confirmation by email as well as the invoice for the balance.
The final payment must be made at the latest one month before arrival. On receipt of the full invoice, we will send you details of your programme, accommodation and, if required, a letter of invitation for a visa application. Accent Français reserves the right to cancel your registration if no payment has been received 1 month before the start of the course.
We will also ask you to take our online placement test within 72 hours after registration in order to confirm your course programme and to organise it in the best conditions.
The payment can be made by :
Credit card (Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard) from 300€
Bank transfer in Euros to our bank account with the following details :
Chèque in Euros to Accent Français 2 rue de Verdun 34000 Montpellier France
In cash at school reception 2 rue Jules Ferry 34000 Montpellier France
The payment must be done in Euros whatever the chosen payment method. All bank charges are at the customer’s expense.
If you need to apply for a visa to enter France:
• The student undertakes to start the visa application process early enough (about 3-4 months in advance) to ensure that he/she will obtain it in time (30 days before the start of the programme).
• The student declares that he/she has informed him/herself of the conditions of entry into France and the time required to obtain a visa before starting any registration and payment procedure. Accent Français cannot be held responsible for the conditions and possible changes concerning the entry formalities in France. We will send you your registration certificate / invitation letter and your registration confirmation with the address of your accommodation when your registration file is complete: registration form duly filled in, full payment of the programme (a partial payment does not allow us to issue your invitation letter). The document will be sent by email to the client.
Upon receipt of the visa:
• The student agrees to inform Accent Français as soon as the visa has been granted by the French authorities. Upon obtaining the visa, the student must inform us at least 15 working days in advance so that we can organise his/her arrival.
In case of delay in the visa procedure:
• The student can keep the initial start date or change the date once without charge and no later than 15 working days before the initial start of the programme. Any further requests for changes will be charged at €50.
• If the request for postponement is made less than 15 working days before the start of the course, a postponement fee of 50€ will be charged for the first request. Less than 7 working days before the start of the course, the first week will be lost.
• If the postponement is followed by a cancellation due to visa refusal, our cancellation conditions and fees will apply (75% cancellation fee). Once the course start date has passed, it is no longer possible to change or postpone it.
In case of visa refusal:
• The course will be cancelled upon receipt of the visa refusal letter. To obtain a refund, you must inform us of the refusal at least 15 working days before your programme starting date.
• If the cancellation request is made at least 15 working days before the course start date and no postponement has been previously arranged, a penalty of 80€ will be retained in addition to the non-refundable registration fee (80€).
• If the cancellation request is made less than 15 working days before the course start date or following a previous postponement, our cancellation conditions and fees will apply (75% cancellation fee).
In accordance with European directive 97/7 for any distance contract, you can use your right to retract within 10 days from the day you have booked. The student waives his or her right of withdrawal if the application is made less than 10 days before the start of the course.
Cancellations must be sent to us in writing by postal mail or e-mail. The cancellation will be effective at the date of reception of the letter/e-mail.
• Registration fees are non-refundable (80€),
• Cancellation until 30 days before the course starts : 30% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation 16-29 days before the course starts : 50% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation 3-15 days before the course starts : 75% of total fees retained,
• Cancellation Friday before the course start : 100% of total fees retained.
If you wish to change any details of your reservation, please make a formal request by email or to the school reception. We will examine your request and, if the change is possible, we will arrange it. Please note that for a request sent 2 weeks before arrival or less, or once the course has started, we will apply a change fee (€50) if the change is possible.
Any course started is due in full. No refund will be made after arrival and course start.
Accent Français welcomes students from 16 years old all year round. In our adult programmes (16+), Accent Français does not provide specific supervision for underage students. A waiver of responsibility form must be returned to us before the start of the course. Parents may allow their child to go out in the evening, but no change in the time of departure will be possible after arrival. Students whose parents have not completed, signed and returned this form will not be allowed to start the programme.
Accent Français has subscribed an insurance policy to protect people on its premises and during educational outings.
Health : Students are responsible for any expenses incurred in case of illness or accident. We strongly advise non-European students to make sure their health insurance will cover their expenses and medical costs. You must check with your insurance company the conditions for quarantine and disease management with your insurance before travelling. A pandemic may force the health authorities to isolate a student which results in additional accommodation costs, which are not the responsibility of Accent Français. Accent Français reserves the right to refuse access to courses to any student suffering from physical or mental pathologies that have not been reported during their registration, or informing us after arrival of a pathology that could endanger students and staff of the institute.
We also advise you to subscribe to a " personal liability" insurance policy to protect you in case of damage caused to a third party during your stay. Accent Français cannot be held liable for any theft, damage or loss of personal belongings of students during their stay.
The school is closed on French bank holidays, no classes are held on those days. An excursion or activity is offered to replace the group courses. The school will be closed during 2 weeks for the Christmas holidays.
At Accent Français, you will be placed in a group corresponding to your French level through our written and oral tests. The online placement test must be taken within 72 hours after registration. This test is mandatory to guarantee you a placement in the right level group. It includes oral understanding, written understanding and written expression. Your level of speaking will be assessed during the first session of your course. If you are already learning French, you will be invited to mention it during the test and we will estimate your progression.
Accent Français guarantees courses for all levels from A1 to C1, all year round, with a minimum number of students per class:
• For Standard and Intensive courses: 4 participants per class
• For DELF/DALF preparation courses: 2 participants per class
Below this minimum number of participants, the courses might be canceled or be considered as semi-private lessons and will then reduce the number of lessons by 50% of the initial course volume.
The maximum number of students per class is :
• For our adult courses: 12 participants per class
• For our Junior courses: 15 participants per class
In the event that a complete beginner does not arrive on the correct date or if a student has reached the C2 level, Accent Français reserves the right to cancel the course and refund the client.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday, it is not possible to start a course on Wednesday or later during the week. The lesson schedule is posted at the school reception on Friday for the following week, the lesson times are set by the school. Students are asked to take note of their lesson schedule and to inform us in case of absence. A lesson lasts 45 minutes.
The courses are given in French for a better efficiency. For pedagogical reasons, you may need your smartphone or your personal computer.
You are requested to arrive on time for the course so as not to disrupt the course. Attendance sheets will be filled in by your teachers after the start of the course. If you are late, you may be refused access to the course.
The institute is equipped with emergency exits marked with lighted signs. In case of fire, please follow instructions displayed on the information board under the extinguishers, and instructions given by Accent Français staff. A student who sustains injury or the witness of an accident within the school must declare the accident or incident to Accent Français.
Smoking is forbidden inside the school and on Accent Français balconies. In order to keep buildings as clean as possible, it is forbidden to throw away cigarette butts or rubbish outside of bins.
It is forbidden to leave any vehicle or bike in the building (hall, corridor, etc.). It is strictly forbidden to leave unattended personal effects on Accent Français premises, except express approval. Your personal belongings are under your sole responsibility in classrooms during breaks. Accent Français declines any responsibility in case of theft.
If Accent Français is forced to close due to a force majeure, such as a new wave of Corona Virus, we will ensure pedagogical continuity and the courses will be given online without any possible postponement or refund.
Accent Français is committed to the well-being of its students and staff. The management reserves the right to expel a student without refund in the event of possession, consumption of illegal substances, excessive alcohol consumption, drunkenness in class, vandalism, repeated disruption of classes, repeated breaches of school rules, harassment or threats to other students or staff. We welcome all students equally and do not tolerate discrimination within our school.
When a member of Accent Français staff considers taking a sanction resulting in the removal of a student during the courses, a disciplinary procedure is put in place. This procedure provides for a meeting with the management of the school to examine the envisioned sanction and student’s explanation.
If you choose to stay with a host family, transfers from/to Montpellier railway station (Gare Saint Roch or Sud de France), coach station (Sabines or Odysseum) or airport are ensured by your hosts if within 8am and 22pm.
In case of pandemic, it should be noted that even if families respect the rules of sanitary hygiene, living together together implies a proximity that is obvious. The minimum distance of one metre can be difficult to respect when living in a family and sharing meals, kitchen, living room and bathroom. Accent Français and the host families are not responsible in case of contamination.
For accommodation in hotels or apartments in private residences, each accommodation sets up its own protocol. Accent Français cannot be held responsible in case of contamination.
IMAGES BROADCAST AND DATA PROTECTION
During your stay, we may take pictures, videos during courses, activities etc. and use them to promote Accent Français (website, social networks, etc.). Acceptance of our general conditions at registration implies acceptance of the use of these pictures and videos, with no limit in time.
All necessary data given during your registration are collected and processed to provide you with the best possible service. This data is for internal use only. The French law on data protection gives you the right to access and change your contact details. If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us at the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make suggestions or file a complaint concerning the organization or the progression of your stay by filling in a comments form available upon demand at the reception. It is important that you provide us with detailed information in order for us to solve your problem as soon as possible.
In case of dispute, the Court of Montpellier will be the only court qualified in the matter.