Learn French in Montpellier - the experience “Bildungsurlaub”

Take an educational holiday with Accent Français! As an accredited organiser, we offer French language courses for all levels all year round. You will benefit from high-quality teaching and can explore Montpellier at the same time. The southern French city on the Mediterranean is characterised by its high quality of life. Visit the historic old town, enjoy the sun on the beach and take advantage of the wide range of cultural and leisure activities on offer. With Accent Français, your educational holiday will be an unforgettable experience.

What is “Bildungsurlaub”?
Educational leave refers to the right in Germany to further education during working hours. Employers must therefore grant their employees paid leave in addition to their regular holiday entitlement. Employees are legally entitled to educational leave (except in Bavaria and Saxony).

Who is entitled to educational leave?
In general, all employees and trainees (except in Bavaria and Saxony) are entitled to educational leave. However, there are special regulations in many federal states.

What is the entitlement to educational leave?
As a rule, employees are entitled to five days of educational leave per year. Some federal states also grant ten days in two years.

Which language courses are recognised as educational leave?
Our intensive and super-intensive courses are recognised as educational leave. You can find more information about our courses here.

How do I apply for educational leave?
1. Find out whether you are entitled to educational leave and if so, what your entitlement is.
2. Contact us, get the necessary information material and book your language course directly on our website.
3. Apply for educational leave with your employer as early as possible and take the applicable deadlines into account.

Accent Français is currently a recognised organiser in all German Bundesländer (Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hessen, Niedersachsen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Sachsen-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) except Saxony, Bavaria, Thuringia, Baden-Württemberg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information regarding the special regulations in the individual federal states, please visit the following websites (in German):