I would like to follow a course with you, do I need a visa ?
No, you do not need a visa to study at Accent Français. However, you may need a visa to enter France.
Do I need a visa to come to France ?
If you are a citizen of the European Union, a member state of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to come to France.
For people of other nationalities, depending on your nationality and the length of your stay, you may need a visa. There are several types of visa :
- Short-stay visa -Schengen: valid for a stay of less than 90 days on French territory (only 1 stay per 6-month period possible), non-renewable visa
- Long-stay visa valid as a residence permit (VLS-TS) - valid for 4 to 12 months: This visa, known as the VLS-TS, is like a residence permit and exempts you from applying for a residence permit at the prefecture as soon as you arrive in France. You are particularly concerned in the following cases Student, Employee (holder of an open-ended contract), Spouse of a French national, Talent Passport. Within 3 months of your arrival in France, you must validate your VLS-TS and pay a tax (except for temporary workers) in addition to the visa fee.
You can check it on the official suite of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs :
Can Accent Français provide me with a visa ?
No, Accent Français does not provide a visa, but French language courses in France and more specifically in Montpellier. If you have any questions about visas, please contact the French Embassy nearest to you.
More information on the official website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs :
Can Accent Français help me get a visa ?
Once we have received your complete registration (registration form and payment for the programme), we will send you a school certificate / invitation letter and a confirmation of registration for your application to the Embassy.
It is your responsibility to gather the other documents required by the embassy for your visa application (proof of income, valid passport, photos, payment of administrative fees, etc).
Does Accent Français offer scholarships ?
No, Accent Français regularly offers promotions on its programmes, but we do not offer scholarships.
The French government offers scholarships, you can consult the list on the official website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
What is Campus France ?
Campus France is the French national agency for promoting higher education in France for international students. They have offices in 126 countries in order to help you to prepare your student visa application and to provide you with useful pieces of information about student life in France. They can also provide scholarships for studying in France.
Can I apply for a student visa if I am enrolled in your school ?
Yes, you can ! Our French school is recognised as an institute of higher education and we are a Campus France member. Therefore, you can apply for a student visa when you are enrolled for our French language courses. Please contact your local Campus France office or French Embassy for further details.
When is it the best time to apply for the visa ?
We recommend you to start your visa procedure approximately 3 months before your planning departure to France. Please make sure you have all documents for visa application already in your possession before starting your application. To that end, we recommend you to start preparing your stay 6 months in advance (collecting information about school, accommodation, visa, insurance, etc) and
How do I register for a programme ?
o book your programme, you must return your completed registration form :
. from our website: https://www.accentfrancais.com
. by post to Accent Français, 2 rue de Verdun - 34000 Montpellier - France
. on site at the school reception desk
In order to validate your reservation, you must pay 100% of the total amount.
We will send you your registration certificate / invitation letter and your registration confirmation when your registration file is complete :
- registration form duly completed,
- full payment of the programme (partial payment does not allow for the publication of your invitation letter),
- other required documents (discharge for under-age students, greeting card, etc.).
Accent Français reserves the right to cancel your enrolment if no payment has been received 1 month before the start of the course. We will also ask you to take our online level test 4 to 6 weeks in advance in order to confirm your course programme and organise it in the best possible conditions.
What happens if I am refused a visa ?
In case of visa refusal, the stay will be cancelled upon receipt of the visa refusal letter. To obtain a refund, you must inform us of the refusal at least 2 weeks before your arrival. We will then refund the stay, after deduction of the registration fee and bank charges. If we have not been notified in time, our cancellation conditions and fees will apply.
Cancellation charges :
- Registration fees are non-refundable (80€), - 30% of the total amount withheld if cancellation 30 days or more before the start of the course,
- 50% of the total amount withheld if cancellation 16 to 29 days before the start of the course,
- 75% of the total amount withheld if cancelled 3 to 15 days before the start of the course,
- 100% of the total amount for a cancellation on the Friday before or after the start of the course.