Harriet : best tips to improve your French
08/02/2018, rédigé par JC accent
Harriet a former student at Accent Français : best tips to improve your French
1. Try to speak French as much as possible with your friends - only by practicing will you improve your level!
- with my group of friends, we did our best to speak French all the time with other foreign students, even though no one was French in our group !
2. Read French newspapers every day and look for words you do not know.
- Every morning I took the tram to get to school Accent Français and during the trip I used to read the free newspaper "20 Minutes" which you could find at every tram stop. I searched for words that I did not understand in order to expand my vocabulary.
3. Create vocabulary lists on your cell phones so that you can write down unfamiliar words as soon as you hear them.
- I still have my vocabulary list a year after my stay in Montpellier and it helps me a lot! Whenever I come across a word that I do not know, I take note of it so that I do not forget it.
4. Listen to French music - it helps a lot and it's fun too
- During my stay Accent Français in Montpellier I started listening to a lot of French music. I think that classics like « On va s'aimer" by Gilbert Montagné and "J't'emmène au vent" by Louise Attaque are the easiest to understand. However, there i always a way to find a great Stromae song nice to listen to and also very easy to understand.
5. Watch movies, or even series, that you like in French.
- Firstly I started watching French movies and series with English subtitles and then I decided to watch them without subtitles to improve my listening level.
6. Read the books in French
- What helped me a lot was to read the French version books that i had read in English in the past.
After her course at Accent Francais, Harriet, British student at Accent Français, has passed the DALF C1 level successfully in March 2017. This is a very high level of French but you could reach it if you study around 1 year and a half in France.
To give a start, why wont won’t you register for our long term programs 2018?
NEW COURSES 2018 at Accent Francais
Total beginner with non latin language
- It is starting on May 7th of 2018 and finishes on Aug 24th
- program certified by official exam
- 16 weeks to reach A2 level
- 30 lessons per week instead of 20 lessons
- no students of Latin Alphabet in the groups
- TCF exam fees are included
- Discount price : 16 weeks for 3520€ instead of 4000€
-It is starting on Sept 3rd of 2018 or January 7th of 2019 and finishes on June 14th of 2019
- Program certified by official exam
-includes administrative tutoring, universities and schools presentations, conferences and assistance for university appliance.
- Students in the group all have the same goal: (B2 level and studies in France)
- DELF exam fees are included
- Discount price: 210 € per week instead of 220€
Retour au blog
Partager cet article